Friday, January 23, 2009

KLM


-You took me to baseball games at the Big O and told me that the race is won by the swift as we ran for the metro
-we took bike rides to the marina to feed the ducks.
-you were born 100 years too late
-you took me for muffins and juice at clement's every saturday morning
-you were the slowest eater
-you danced on tables
-your nose was always red
-your mother damaged you
-your vanity was a problem
-we didn't agree
-you wept openly and without apology
-you were unable to show me how much you loved me
-i could never shake the feeling that i had disappointed you
-you married someone who despised me
-you died on my birthday
-i loved you deeply

It's been 4 years and I am still grappling with forgiveness.

1 comment:

Jeff Scott said...

wow. very moving, my love.