Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ehhhh-tiiiiight

I'm down to one pair of pants. Respectable pants, that is. My pyjama, sweat and yoga pants are all hospitable items of clothing that don't bind or judge. Jeans are out of the question.
After yesterday's post on eating lettuce and going to the gym, I had a memorable meal at Liverpool house. It's a shame, really, that I can go on and on about how tight my pants are and then gorge myself on home made pate, ricotta gnocchi carbonara and braised short ribs with barley. This morning my pants were tighter than usual. I even tried a new pair, staggered around for a few minutes before defaulting to the old ones.
My brain can't seem to process that all the things I love putting in my mouth somehow wind up on my ass. And that the short, residual ecstasy that comes from eating doesn't outweigh (ha) the shame and discomfort that comes from being down to one pair of pants.
So what's a gourmande with tight pants to do?
I'm taking suggestions. Go.

5 comments:

Monia Poncik said...

I face this problem quite often. My solution, buy dresses.

Jeff Scott said...

Or just buy more pants.

Seriously, though, I think the holidays have shown many of us that, as we get older, we can get away with less and less. I don't know how to translate that into some kind of result though. Let me know if anyone else has a good idea.

Hilary said...

yes the dress solution is a good one. however, weather dictates that pants are the more suitable option. maybe i could try a legging/dress combo?

Karen said...

I can relate all too well..solutions alas, are not forthcoming. I always think willpower will cut it, but it's a fleeting, wisp of a thing that disappears at the first signs of deliciousness.

let me know if you figure it out. I could use some pointers too :)

Unknown said...

You know my solution (and I think it will really take off in '09), go nekkid as much as possible!