Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh Dear.

Every now and then I get paralyzed by incredible bouts of loneliness. If I really put my mind to it I can get over it and function as a normal human being. But, sometimes I kind of like wallowing in it which is self-defeating and a little messed up. I guess sometimes it feels good to feel bad.
Here are some tools for making the most of your loneliness:
1) listen to really depressing music - stuff about people dying or being alone works really well.
2) call no one.
3) stare blankly at the walls
4) check your facebook about 500 times an hour - you'll feel "better" knowing no one has written to you.
5) keep the lights off - aritifical light might accidentally snap you out of said loneliness.
6) analyze all conversations had over the past 48 hours to find evidence that yes, no one wants to spend time with you and that people don't care about you.
7) make a ridiculous list poking fun at the futility of your actions.

Shit I've gone and done it again. I mocked myself into feeling better. Damn. And I was SO enjoying the wallowing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does the melancholy lead to you being in the kitchen? How can I get you into a funk?

Katkol said...

My name is Katherine and I came across your blog today. I love this post! Hilarious! Something I'll have to try next time I'm in a bad mood.

I work for Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing agency, and we’re looking for 100 commuters who are highly social, and connected in the Montreal area to try out a new accessory for your iPod! All that we ask in return is your feedback about your experience with the product.

If you’re interested, and would like additional information please visit our website at www.matchstick.ca/energi .

At the end of the questionnaire, we will be asking for your contact information solely for the purpose of contacting you via telephone to ask you some more questions. We will not use your information for anything other than this purpose. To view Matchstick’s privacy policy, please go here: http://www.matchstick.ca/privacy.htm

Thanks and feel free to contact me at 1-800-530-8092 ext. 219 or Katherine@matchstick.ca if you have any questions!

Have a great day.

-0-Katherine