Monday, April 14, 2008

Non-Sequitur

I realize I've been copping out lately and posting videos rather than actually writing anything. But the truth is, I've been rather busy and some of my more inspired posts really took a lot more time than I've got right now. There's no time for prose when your tires need changing and warmer weather begs for time spent outside.
I came across this little number on youtube and wanted to share it with you guys as it made me feel about 15 again. I went to the Frente concert at Club Soda when I was 15 or 16, can't remember which. At the time I had a German exchange student staying with me by the name of (and I shit you not) Dirk Weissenburger which I think means white burger - hilarious. He came to Montreal with a suitcase full of Nutella. It was all he would ever eat. He and I also fought like cats and dogs or katze und hunds, whichever you like. He was a bit of a douche but we were also young and I think I may have been a lot meaner then, so, in the spirit of Mondays and German exchange students, I give you Labour of Love by Frente and hope its lively melodies brighten your day.

2 comments:

Jeff Scott said...

You used to be meaner? My God!

Unknown said...

Nice.

I'd "dirk" her "weissenberger" any day... but probably better not posting that comment after-all.

shizer!