Friday, May 23, 2008

Tonight we Dine in Hell?

Well I solved my dinner dilemma. Instead of eating a well balanced meal at the table complete with cutlery, place mat, napkin and pants that don't have an elastic waistband, I tried something else.
Last night I ate a pizza directly off the cutting board sitting on my couch in my pyjamas while watching "How I Met Your Mother." No cutlery, no plates, no witty banter regarding my day with the cats - no "real" pants. And it was glorious. It was the anti-thesis of lonely, somehow less pitiful than my dinner for one scenario the other night.
I urge all single people out there to throw off the shackles of dinner as you know it. Take it back from the table and onto the couch - dinner music should make way for Jeopardy theme songs, plates and cutlery be damned - all pants can go to hell!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

I routinely eat on the sofa. But you already think that I live like a base creature...