Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wow

I was having a rough day yesterday. Feeling a mite sorry for myself and let down in general, I spent a beautiful Saturday evening with my cats. The best place for me in one of those moods is usually by myself. I might feel a bit melancholy, spend the night alone recharging and then wake up generally feeling better. It also helps that I woke up sans hangover, unlike most of the men folk in my life, who no doubt all rose feeling remorse and nauseated. I had the privilege of smelling two of them today - rough.
Spending a Saturday night in is not something I do often, nor is it something I aspire to. Being able to enjoy one's own company, however, is something I am pleased to say I am capable of doing. So I rented a few movies, took a nice bath, read my book and had a delightful supper of nachos and cola. Ohhh yesss.
Perspective is also an amazing thing. There I was, feeling sorry for myself, a little sad and more than frustrated. So I watched this film:


It's billed as being inspirational, and in many ways it is. It is also very difficult to watch as you feel the protagonist's fear, his anger and frustration.
It also cleared up any residual shittiness I was going through. Amazing how someone else's problems seem to make your "problems" pale in comparison. I urge anyone who's ever felt sorry for themselves to watch this little number. Not only is it beautifully shot and wonderfully acted, it'll make you oh so grateful for everything you might take for granted.

2 comments:

Emeline said...

I'm so happy you like it... wasn't it truly beautiful?!?! It was like a surge of oxygen. Yay!!
Can't wait to hang,

Unknown said...

touching, and i must say the soundtrack is equally evocative. Check out:
Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine